Dec 24, 2020
I got a new i7-9700k to replace my i5-9400f, and I'm having some issues with the new CPU. When ever I boot the system up It takes forever and right before the screen displays my motherboard manufacture it beeps 7 times. The new CPU wouldn't even boot on the old BIOS so I had to update and this is were the long boot time and beeps started. My motherboard has two BIOS's so I have the old BIOS on the other profile, but as I stated before the new CPU doesn't boot on the older BIOS. Both CPUs make beeps when they boot on the new BIOS so that could also be the issue. The beeps aren't consistent with the first and last taking a little longer to beep than the 5 beeps in between. Before I had the new CPU it would take no longer than 30 seconds to boot, but now with the new CPU it takes over a minute and the beeps are new. I have a EVGA Z370 micro and the BIOS is AMI. The 7 and 5 beep codes both relate to CPU errors according to what the manual says, and I don't doubt that could also be the issue, but what I don't get is even though it takes longer, it does end up booting and I can use the computer. All of my hardware is being detected and is running at the right speeds so I'm lost as to why it takes so long to boot and why its beeping now. Everything on my desktop works fine once its done booting it just takes forever and is kinda inconvenient. Several codes show up during the booting process on the temperature monitor(O2 or 02, 82, O4 or 04 then starts beeping and switches back to CPU temperature)

Solution
Inspect the motherboard CPU socket for any bent pins.
Make sure to check that all cables and connections are properly connected and seated.
Try to reset the BIOS by powering off PSU, removing the power cord and removing the CMOS battery.
Press the power button to drain capacitors.
Wait 10 minutes before reinstalling CMOS battery
Inspect the motherboard CPU socket for any bent pins.
Make sure to check that all cables and connections are properly connected and seated.
Try to reset the BIOS by powering off PSU, removing the power cord and removing the CMOS battery.
Press the power button to drain capacitors.
Wait 10 minutes before reinstalling CMOS battery

Solution