Long distance wifi repeater

Dec 31, 2018
Hi
So i am using my neighbours wifi.
The problem is i have a good connection only on one place near the window. I used my laptop to catch signal and than "extend" it with hotspot. But i need the laptop so can i use a wifi repeater. The house is 120-130 M away.
Thanks

Solution

You could ask them to move the router to a location to assist in improving your signal. That distance is going to be a challenge, regardless.

You may need to use a directional antenna to optimize the connection. Seems like you could set up an access point (or a router acting as a access point) or range extender, with a directional antenna to bridge this gap.

What is your budget to work on this?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

You could ask them to move the router to a location to assist in improving your signal. That distance is going to be a challenge, regardless.

You may need to use a directional antenna to optimize the connection. Seems like you could set up an access point (or a router acting as a access point) or range extender, with a directional antenna to bridge this gap.

What is your budget to work on this?

Solution
Dec 31, 2018

About 50€ 60€
And also i am using this wifi only on holidays. No gaming just youtube and Browsing the internet.