[SOLVED] Long Lasting Motherboard

Ghost47Killer

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2014
I need and Update from my 4790k, currently looking at Ryzen 7 3700x. I own a ASUS Sabertooh z87 and seeing how amazing has been, went to look for same brand. Unfortunately now they only have TUF Gaming with 3 Year warranty, no more 5 years, anyone has other brand that would offer 5 years?

Solution
I have an Intel motherboard from 2002 for the P4 CPU (socket 478)that still works, so this board can be considered "long lasting". But it's on a Win2K machine and I can't do much with it.

So I'd be more concerned about what would I do with my computer after the next 3 years rather than whether my computer will still run at that time.
Hi Ghost47Killer.

No idea about the warranties on motherboards but get a B550 motherboard.

If you have no issues with your system like a power surge etc any motherboard can last 5 to 10 years easily.

I still have all my old systems and all the motherboards are still working and I'm talking 15 years old PC's.

I have an Intel motherboard from 2002 for the P4 CPU (socket 478)that still works, so this board can be considered "long lasting". But it's on a Win2K machine and I can't do much with it.

So I'd be more concerned about what would I do with my computer after the next 3 years rather than whether my computer will still run at that time.

Solution

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Back in the day Dell had a lot of caps "leak" and kill MB's, besides that I don't remember a large number of MB's failing. Most people with crappy store purchased computers with mega cheap MB's and even cheaper PS's run for years and years.

I would not let warranty really be a huge factor.

Just get a good name brand quality board.

TRENDING THREADS