[SOLVED] Long loading times during boot, static underscore, then slow POST

Aug 31, 2020
As title suggests, the PC boots very slowly during POST, this started happening the other day, I haven't tested to see if it happens on restarts. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Hardware:
MSI B450 mobo
Ryzen 5 3600 OC'd to 4.2 GHz (OC'd pretty much as soon as I got it, not recently)
RX 570 4GB
16GB 3000MHz RAM

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (boot drive)
ST1000DX001 - 1NS162 (generic 1TB HDD)
Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Anything helps, I've disabled Windows fast boot, haven't tried much else. Also, this is my first time posting, so please let me know if I am doing something wrong :)

Solution
I mean several minutes when it usually takes 30 seconds
Yes, the boot drive is listed first in boot order, though there was severe input lag when I was in the BIOS.
Could you list the name of your motherboard and power supply?
Just as a test, try shutting down and disconnecting the mechanical hard drive, then seeing how fast the PC starts up.
You may as well clear the CMOS while you are disconnecting the HDD. Make sure the PC is unplugged when you are clearing the CMOS.
I mean several minutes when it usually takes 30 seconds
Yes, the boot drive is listed first in boot order, though there was severe input lag when I was in the BIOS.
Just as a test, try shutting down and disconnecting the mechanical hard drive, then seeing how fast the PC starts up.
You may as well clear the CMOS while you are disconnecting the HDD. Make sure the PC is unplugged when you are clearing the CMOS.

Reactions: durk
Solution
Aug 31, 2020

So I'm not sure exactly what did it, but it seems to be fixed. Ultimately though, I disconnected the HDD and replaced the CMOS and it booted, then shut down and reconnected the HDD, and it booted fine again. Thank you very much for your help!

Reactions: rocktalkrock