[SOLVED] Long restart times?

Feb 24, 2021
Basically if I chose the ‘Restart’ option in Windows my PC will close down as it should, display with go off and all USB devices too, but instead of kicking back in straight away, it can take up to a minute before the it kicks back in and instantly takes me to the login screen.

If I boot from a complete shut down, it boots up instantly, so at the minute, it’s quicker to do a shut down than a restart. I had this also on my old Windows 10 machine, but just lived with it, but now I have my own built PC I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

It’s a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro, activated and completely up to date, on a 250Gb WD_Black NVMe.

Thanks!

Solution
I have a 5400rpm HDD and still, after getting rid of everything I don't need in Windows 10 my laptop reboots in about a minute.

Maybe you should start looking into debloating your Windows 10 of unneeded stuff, your games and boot times will sure benefit from it.
Basically if I chose the ‘Restart’ option in Windows my PC will close down as it should, display with go off and all USB devices too, but instead of kicking back in straight away, it can take up to a minute before the it kicks back in and instantly takes me to the login screen.

If I boot from a complete shut down, it boots up instantly, so at the minute, it’s quicker to do a shut down than a restart. I had this also on my old Windows 10 machine, but just lived with it, but now I have my own built PC I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

It’s a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro, activated and completely up to date, on a 250Gb WD_Black NVMe.

Thanks!
If you have a fast boot option in your bios test on/off.
If you have a fast startup option in windows test on/off

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
I have a 5400rpm HDD and still, after getting rid of everything I don't need in Windows 10 my laptop reboots in about a minute.

Maybe you should start looking into debloating your Windows 10 of unneeded stuff, your games and boot times will sure benefit from it.

Solution
Feb 24, 2021

It’s a totally fresh install, not one program has been installed. It did it with my last PC too. Just slow on restarts, everything else, like shut down and sleep work great.

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
It’s a totally fresh install, not one program has been installed. It did it with my last PC too. Just slow on restarts, everything else, like shut down and sleep work great.

Even a completely fresh install of Windows 10 needs debloating, things you should get rid of include Cortana, Edge PDF take over, Onedrive, Regkeys bloatware etc.

I have found on Youtube a link to download a Windows 10 Debloater you run with Powershell, do a little research and you'll find it.