Question Long time pc user looking advice for ps4 controller - movement / aim help

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
It seems I have some issues while using ps4 controller in my games, especially RDR2 and Online part, I just cannot "sync" myself with aiming and movement at same time. How do these ps4 users doing that?
Please do remember many games nowadays have both character forward/back/left/right movement and turning around the character. I think I need help with these topics, and also again, aiming

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Hey there,

To be honest, playing fast paced shooters like that on a PC is difficult with controllers. Specially if your not playing them like that regularly on a console.

Most PC gamers playing first person shooters use a mouse and keyboard. In my opinion, it's much more accurate and responsive. Plus you can change the sensitivity settings differently.

As far as I'm aware (this may not be accurate), the console version of games, have some sort of aim assist, which can make it easier to aim, with the way you need use both analogue stick simultaneously (movement + panning). I find that difficult myself. I much prefer a mouse and keyboard.

The only real way to get better results, is practice and get used to the controller layout's and gameplay mechanics.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hey there,

To be honest, playing fast paced shooters like that on a PC is difficult with controllers. Specially if your not playing them like that regularly on a console.

Most PC gamers playing first person shooters use a mouse and keyboard. In my opinion, it's much more accurate and responsive. Plus you can change the sensitivity settings differently.

As far as I'm aware (this may not be accurate), the console version of games, have some sort of aim assist, which can make it easier to aim, with the way you need use both analogue stick simultaneously (movement + panning). I find that difficult myself. I much prefer a mouse and keyboard.

The only real way to get better results, is practice and get used to the controller layout's and gameplay mechanics.

People literally aimbotting with that ps4 auto lock in aim feature available in RDR2 and online part, its kinda fast paced but also can be pretty casual and slow. Its just a game about a character and his horse running around completing quests and making choices in dialogues, its not like its battlefield 5 or call of duty.

Reason I want to use controller instead because of that auto lock in headshot thing in RDR2's online part so I can farm in game currency easier this way.

Because I suck at mouse aiming in any shooter game, I just cannot shot to the head, body parts ok (kinda) having real struggle with my aiming since long time. I play video games since Windows 98 and I never did increased my ability to aim better. That is why I got ps4 controller at least I can headshot properly.

That auto lock in to head is a thing in RDR2 and its online part, may be different games use different systems, but thats how it is in Rockstar games, some pc people even sent support tickets to the developer provide aim assist or lock in for pc as well because they are getting dominated by console people due to that lock in to head feature. They made it even worse and harder for pc people regardless.

That feature handles both lock in to the head and panning, there is even panning speed slider in game's settings to modify its strength.

I just cannot get used to both movement around (panning too) and aim at same time for some reason.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jan 28, 2021
It seems I have some issues while using ps4 controller in my games, especially RDR2 and Online part, I just cannot "sync" myself with aiming and movement at same time. How do these ps4 users doing that?
Please do remember many games nowadays have both character forward/back/left/right movement and turning around the character. I think I need help with these topics, and also again, aiming

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Try buying a back paddle attachment and Control freak long thumbstick.