Longer lasting battery.

Jan 21, 2019
Hi,
first time here so if I have posted in the wrong place please be nice and point me to the correct feed. The question is a simple one but just need to know how to implement it as small as possible. I have a business and to keep it short I have at least a couple of light fingered employees. I have a couple of what would be known as spy cams/pens etc and so forth. The problem is the battery life which runs off a Built in Solid 3.7v 1600mah Battery, but this only lasts 4hrs max. What is the smallest batteries i can get to run this at 12hrs plus? I read that you can link various 2000mah 3.7v batteries together but keeping it at 3.7v to increase the life of the recording.
I saw these Size : 6 mm (H)*60 mm (W)*90 mm (L)

5. Rating: DC 3.7V 4000mAh

6.Quantity:1pcs

Model :606090

Capacity : 4000MAH

Voltage: 3.7V
But are to big to put where I need them without making anything obvious, I have also on eBay what I would call pencil batteries with wires but don't know how long they would last? What batteries can i link and how to keep these running at a minimum of 12hrs plus and believe me I need to know how to link these in layman's terms and with diagrams. Please be kind as this isn't my area but really can't afford being stolen from to people I pay to do a job. Thanks in advance, Dave.

Solution
to keep same voltage, just raising mah, u will need to connect them in paralel, connect all black wires together, and red wires together
1s4p-copy.jpg
batteries are simple
if your current 1600 mah hold for 4hrs, then u will need 6400mah battery for 12hr (4x more) which also tell you it will be 4 times more bigger, but keep in mind this will apply for same battery build quality (discharge efficiency), u may try to get better batteries which will have lover mah, but higher efficiency
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14R-0138-00002 those should be top notch, think ull be fine with 2~3 of them
or u prefer li-pol?

Jan 21, 2019
Hi Kerberos and THANKYOU FOR such a swift reply it is very much appreciated. I had in mind because of space li-po batteries . If I get 4 of these batteries I read I can connect them together but in a way as not to up the voltage and keep it at 3.7 volts but just not sure how to do this? There are two wires on each battery black and red but don't know what I need to do or extra wires needed to connect them in the correct way to up the life of the battery to 12hrs plus? Also when connected would these all charge at the same time bout obviously longer due to the extra batteries? All help and diagrams are much appreciated as this is totally new to me. Thanks in advance again.....