Question Longstanding fps drops and latency variation on new PC

Aug 3, 2024
I built this PC in November. After having to manually change to PCIE Gen 4 in BIOs, all was fine... for a while. Then one day, out of the blue, from a constant 144 fps on Apex I went down to 30 fps and not only that but my resolution was terrible... it was 1440p but looked 144p. I took it to the shop and changed the GPU but the issue came back a few weeks later. My PC would start tearing when I moved the mouse and these random crashes.

On top of that, I also noticed that I have latency variations in game. It spikes up then down... the ping never remains the same, it's varying. This is on ethernet or not, and diff wifi networks.

I have brought my pc to several shops and none helped, most said it is a GPU issue but I have RMA'd GPU twice. The most weird part of the situation is the fps issues are random. The best example of this is RDR2. I normally get 100 fps. But then maybe the next day, I'll get 50 fps. Then 40fps. Then 100fps. All the while other games such as CS2 might have no issue. Or maybe one day furmark is fine and the next it isnt whilst even if it is fine I'll seee fps issues on RDR2. I brought the PC to the shop explaining this a month ago and they said oh it's probs ur SSD and sure enough when they used their SSD all seemed well, so they told me switch to Windows 10... but after 2 or 3 weeks of no issue, I'm now at 30 fps on RDR2 again. It's impossible. I can be sure the GPU isnt the issue cause of the RMAs and also that I used it in a diff system and no issue. The RAM and SSD are used I should add but I did use memtest and no issue with it. I did try a stress test software though, and found that at some point i did have a crash with CPU and RAM config...

Aug 3, 2024
Pc build please?
Hey sorry I forgot to mention. I have a custom Formd T1 v2 SFF Case. RTX 4070, Ryzen 5 7600, A620I Gigabyte, 2 x 16GB 6400MHz Gskills Ripjaw S5, AXP90-X47 FC. Worth mentioning all but RAM and SSD were bought new, the SSD was a PK31 HYNIX GOLD