[SOLVED] Look at max clock! Is it even possible???

Feb 6, 2021
I left my PC overnight to download games from Epic. I left my HWmonitor on to see what happens while I'm away. I woke up today, checked the downloads and all completed. HWmonitors shows max clock of 6.4Ghz!! How is that even possible? I am barely overclocking my cpu, and nothing happening during download. Here is a screen shot.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sPRDYv3zT4rqUcb19

Solution
Looks like it was just a misread. The max temp is way too low and amp current is way too high. It must've been a momentary spike or error that caused the data fluctuation. If it really hit that high on all cores your computer would've crashed and rebooted.
Looks like it was just a misread. The max temp is way too low and amp current is way too high. It must've been a momentary spike or error that caused the data fluctuation. If it really hit that high on all cores your computer would've crashed and rebooted.

Solution

Vana Ivan Pandovski

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
It is a bug in HWINfO64 my 5600X sometimes shows 9000MHz so no worries, wait until the next stable release of hw info64, what you have is HW Monitor, not HW Info 64 but anyway both are doing the same! One more thing 250 amps showing, that is kinda high so, maybe sensors on MB are just getting freaky, Ryzen 2600 can never go to 250A