Look at this Overclock (1.8 to 2.6 !!!! on the 3K+

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMjU1JnVybF9wYWdlPTE=

take a look at this, he overclocks a AMD 64 3000+ on stock cooling, amzing. Do you lot rekon it will work and what are the dangers of overclocking.

Cos i dont understand why the defult speeds are not at the max the processor can handle?

the turk

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
as long as you dont increase the voltage more than just tad, and it dont get too hot, then your laughin

and yes, these processors are quite amazing for what you can squeeze out of them vs price.

one important factor when considering the 3000+, is that you need ram that can overclock very well also, because you will have to raise the fsb. some choose to go with the 3200+, because you dont need ram or a motherboard that will go so high. this is probably what I will be doing soon

-------
<b>It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.</b>

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
so 3200 is an easier overcloock, also does ram make a big difference in OC, i have duel channel Croisair Value Ram
2X 512 DDR 333 Ram

the turk

G

Youd need soemthing like DDR500 to achiev this kind of overclockign(too lazy to do the math!).
Its the speed of the ram that needs to be able to cope with the increase in fron side bus!

They dont clock these chip at the extreme limit for stability reason. Also you have to understand that all CPU wont overclock the same. When tnhey produce it, usually the closer the core is from the middle of the wafer, the best it will perform. All the chips from with the same core(ex: Venice) are the exact same chip. The best performing one are ususally binned accordingly and receive a higher frequncy/rating. BUT if demand is stronger for the 3200+ you may very well get a more capable core.
Finally stable for you is probably not stable enough for AMD/intel. My chip is running with a 650mhz overclcok and a 1000mhz FSB really stable, yet Intel took a long time before moving to 1066 mhzFSB and even now there's not that many chip suppporting this bus!

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0