Question Lookin to update my pc's ram from 1x4gb to 2x8gb

Dec 27, 2018
As the title says, I wish to exchange the ram in my PC, but I've found an issue in finding compatible ram for my motherboard online because, the given space is apparently quite small, and I am inexperienced.

I need help finding 8GB ram that will fit my computer, or what to put in the search bar to find it.

Info on stick of ram:

DIMM
SK hynix
--------------
KOREA

1Rx8 PC3L - 12800S - 11 - 13 - B4

HMT451S68FR8A - PB NO AC 1516

Also, is it abnormal that in my second slot for ram, the pins seem to be reversed, would I simply have to flip over the ram to fit it?

Let me know if more info is needed.
(I'm unable to turn my PC on at the moment, but if needed the info will be used for future reference anyways, it's not an emergency, I hope to get it back on in a week at the latest)

Dec 27, 2018
Honestly not sure, it says Acer Inc. , like I said I'm really not experienced at all, and the 'compatiblity issues' is simply the fact I don't know how to check compatibility.

The stick of ram I do have is 2.9" in length and 1.2" in width if that matters?

Sorry I am absolutely clueless mate.

Dec 27, 2018
I don't see a model number for the motherboard, though the computer's model is Packard Bell imedia S2984 and I am pretty sure it's got the original parts.

It does seem to be a laptop that just looks like a PC, apparently the graphics card slot is also quite small, like the size of a laptop's.

I found some ram online earlier that looks like it might fit (8GB) and it had PB NO AA on in as opposed to the PB NO AC on the current 4GB

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Is this what the motherboard looks like?
s-l1000.jpg

If so, that's using soDIMMs (laptop memory).

From what I can find, that system uses (at best), a Pentium N3700 ..... honestly, especially 16GB would be a complete waste of money paired with that CPU. There's no task/application I can think of that'll benefit from 16GB of memory that won't be severely hindered by the very weak CPU.