Question Looking at buying an H115i, is the LCD add on worth it?

g-unit1111

Titan
I'm looking at replacing my cooling tower with an AIO liquid cooler but I need a 280mm one as that will specifically fit my case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro M) and my motherboard is the Asus B450F. I was looking at coolers that had an LCD screen like the Kraken X63, H115i Elite, and the MSI Coreliquid S280. But are there any that are better or are those worse? I am also open to suggestions, but don't want to take the time to build a full waterblock. I'd also like to use my existing fans that I have, which are Corsair ML140s.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you're considering one with an LCD screen, I can take it that you really REALLY like looking inside your PC on a daily basis; being something you won't quickly get bored of and stop noticing altogether.
The fans are the biggest factor behind an AIO/CLC's performance. So if you're going to swap out the original fans anyway, it's going to depend on what the ML140s can do.

LF II radiators have lower FPI than most others out there. If nothing else, it would allow for more flexible fan curves.

g-unit1111

Titan
If you're considering one with an LCD screen, I can take it that you really REALLY like looking inside your PC on a daily basis; being something you won't quickly get bored of and stop noticing altogether.
The fans are the biggest factor behind an AIO/CLC's performance. So if you're going to swap out the original fans anyway, it's going to depend on what the ML140s can do.

LF II radiators have lower FPI than most others out there. If nothing else, it would allow for more flexible fan curves.

Yeah I have my computer sitting on my desk facing outward. I don't have to have the LCD screen but I am thinking of replacing that tower cooler because it does take up so much room in the case. Corsair would be my first choice since all the other lighting components I have in the case are Corsair, but if there's a better cooler I would definitely get it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
if there's a better cooler I would definitely get it.
IF you took AIO/CLCs of the same class(size) and removed the fans, they'd all perform the same - as impractical as that scenario is.
The fan specs, fan placement, radiator FPI, and personal fan curves are going to determine performance. Rather ironic how important the fans are on liquid coolers...

Corsairs' AIO/CLCs use the same 20-ish FPI rads as most other brands.
Arctic's LF II and Alphacool's Eisbaer Aurora present less air resistance than the other coolers at 17 and 15 FPI respectively.

Reactions: g-unit1111