Looking at New Laptops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmins

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
I've been looking to buy a new laptop for a while now, as my current one is a hand-me-down from a few years ago and has slowed down considerably. My problem is 3-fold...

1) I'm looking for a decently powerful machine with enough RAM for music production programs as well as decent graphics capabilities for lag-free gaming.
2) I'm still a student, and as a result I am not looking to spend crazy amounts of money on this.
3) I don't know enough about computers to know what components / computers are best for my situation.

My only real concerns are graphical ability (enough for most Steam games), RAM, storage (nothing insane; 1TB is probably the absolute max), and price (preferably less than $1,000.)

Any and all help or answers are appreciated!

Thanks

Simmins

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

All good suggestions... the first two are a little out of my price range though. And sadly the third one (which appealed to me a lot) isn't available for Canadian residents like myself... but now I have some ideas as to what I should be looking for, so thanks anyway!

Simmins

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Yea, I've been told the Nvidia cards are the ones you want for gaming. Any idea how something like and Intel HD Graphics 4400 might perform? I've been looking at other models of computers with those graphics and I'm curious as to how they stack up against others.

Simmins

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Ahhh, ok. Thanks, that's very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.