Looking for 2GB Density PSC XDZ RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

belial2688

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Specifically, the best thing would be if someone had Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback/Blackline (confusing, it is ridgeback heatspreader but sold as blacklines and sticker says blackline on them) PC3-16000 2000mhz CL7-10-8-27 1T 1.65v RAM, model #996902. Model #996829 would be acceptable too. Looking for 2x2GB ideally, but a single stick would be fine too.

However, it's an EOL RAM so I doubt anyone has it, so I'm looking for anyone who has PSC IC RAM, specifically, XDZs (XDFs are okay too though). You can tell if you have PSC RAM if your RAM has timings like 7-9-7 or 7-10-7 or 7-10-8 or 8-10-8 or 9-11-9, basically, the 2nd timing is 1-3 bits looser than the main timing.

So you'd very likely have PSC XDZ if your RAM was similar speed and timings to mine, ie 1600mhz+, with something like 7-9-7, 8-10-8, etc.

There are basically only 5 types of RAM, and one of those 5 types, is called "PSC", short for Powerspec, a company that no longer exists. There are 3 sub-types of PSC RAM, XDF and XDZ, which is what I'm looking for.

If you don't know what RAM IC your memory is, you can likely google it's model number and 'ram ic'. It may not be listed though, but I wouldn't bother checking your RAM by removing the heatspreader for a second (it's very simple to remove-reattach ram heatspreader) for this listing unless it had an odd timing like I said (X/X+2/X kind of timing). The microchips on the RAM will say something like XDZ014A3G-A (specifically, this is closest match), those first 3 letters is what I'm asking about.

Thanks. If you have any questions, or think you might have RAM that may interest me, or are confused, just post.

belial2688

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Mushkin 1600mhz cl6-8-6-24 is also PSC XDZ. That'd be acceptable too. There are tons of RAM out there that is PSC, literally, if you have 2GB density sticks, and they aren't cheapo 1333mhz ram, they could very possibly be PSC and you should check the RAM ic's to see if it says X....... on it (you can google what it says on the chip, starting with X is indicative of PSC).

Status
Not open for further replies.