Looking for 5960x build advice

c1rca_

Reputable
Feb 15, 2016
I recently got EXTREMELY LUCKY and won a 5960x! I'm very blessed to have been so lucky, been sitting in it for 3 months and have been out of a computer for even longer... I have been saving up for a while now so I just need some advice on a build. My budget is around the 2k, that's not including the cpu. I would like a water cooled cpu, but the Gpus can stay air cooled. I don't see myself running more then two Gpus so for now I will just start with one. If I can just get some info on what you guys would recommend. I am also a G-A-M-E-R... Not someone who just "plays" games. I've had to resort to console gaming for the past year now, I'm ready to join the pc master race again. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I think you should wait a while since Nvidia's new pascal gpus are almost they may be coming out in april they will have 16gb hbm 2 which will handle 4k very well

hatib

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
I think you should wait a while since Nvidia's new pascal gpus are almost they may be coming out in april they will have 16gb hbm 2 which will handle 4k very well

Solution

SuperHarsh

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016
Waiting for pascal is the best option for you! If you want immediate then i would say TITAN X. You must be thinking why not gtx 980 ti? That 12gb VRAM!!!! For motherboard Asus X99 sabertooth, 16gb DDR4 Gskills Trident Z, EVGA 850G2, NZXT H440, NZXT kraken cooler/ H100i GTX. You can even go with ASUS X99 deluxe to save some money

The 2 post above don't really give you any adivce.

1. There is a rumor that NVIDIA Pascal will not include ANY HBM cards because HBM is still very new.
So, the 1080, following NVIDIA's release method, will be as strong as the titan x or a bit stronger. As of now*

2. An x99-a or a Asrock X99-extreme 6 are both good motherboards, and I recommend them. I'd start off with 16 gigs of ram, and maybe a 980 ti if you are looking into 1440p or above. Titan X is a waste of money.