Question Looking for 8GBx2 RAM for an ASRock N68C-GS4 FX motherboard

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
Hi all!,
So I am doing my mom a favor and I am upgrading her computer!. She needs a faster computer, but all we need to do is upgrade the RAM, CPU and DVD drive so shes got something faster.

But I am having a hard time finding the right memory for this motherboard she has, we bought this one in 2016 so its kinda old, but it supports both AM2/AM3/AM3+ processors, so I found a processor that should work already.

I am looking for memory for an ASRock N68C-GS4 FX, it supports up to 16GB's which is great, but I want memory in the brand Kingston, Samsung, Corsair or anything you guys recommend that would be reliable for her machine.

I did some searching around and found the model number: "
KVR16N11/8 " is this the right memory to use?. it's $88 per stick of RAM but if thats what we need, thats what we need.

I am in Canada.

Exact motherboard she has in her computer: https://www.newegg.ca/asrock-n68c-gs4-fx/p/N82E16813157581

Hi all!,
So I am doing my mom a favor and I am upgrading her computer!. She needs a faster computer, but all we need to do is upgrade the RAM, CPU and DVD drive so shes got something faster.

But I am having a hard time finding the right memory for this motherboard she has, we bought this one in 2016 so its kinda old, but it supports both AM2/AM3/AM3+ processors, so I found a processor that should work already.

I am looking for memory for an ASRock N68C-GS4 FX, it supports up to 16GB's which is great, but I want memory in the brand Kingston, Samsung, Corsair or anything you guys recommend that would be reliable for her machine.

KVR16N11/8 " is this the right memory to use?. it's $88 per stick of RAM but if thats what we need, thats what we need.

I am in Canada.

Exact motherboard she has in her computer: https://www.newegg.ca/asrock-n68c-gs4-fx/p/N82E16813157581
$88 on a DDR3 kit sounds expensive, as mine bought for $75, Team Vulcan DDR3 2133mhz CL11 (yes i bought this for collection). Unless the motherboard have a cpu in it, you better consider to give your mom a used Phenom II X6, and a used (and if could, faster) 2x4 or 2x8gb ddr3 1866 or above, you could run it at 1600 CL8 with ram overclocking profile on, and a SSD since you want the system to be more responsive. if she didnt do much just buy him an SSD instead of buffing the ram to 16 gigs. but choices are yours.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
$88 on a DDR3 kit sounds expensive, as mine bought for $75, Team Vulcan DDR3 2133mhz CL11 (yes i bought this for collection). Unless the motherboard have a cpu in it, you better consider to give your mom a used Phenom II X6, and a used (and if could, faster) 2x4 or 2x8gb ddr3 1866 or above, you could run it at 1600 CL8 with ram overclocking profile on, and a SSD since you want the system to be more responsive. if she didnt do much just buy him an SSD instead of buffing the ram to 16 gigs. but choices are yours.
There is already an ssd installed. It’s almost out of space. Maybe I’ll just buy one stick of RAM first then see if it’s fast enough.
The CPU i want to get for this computer AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition. So I guess the RAM I found should work on this computer?

Hi all!,

I am in Canada.

Look here.
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/asrock/n68c-gs4-fx

Reactions: mynameisjoe1
There is already an ssd installed. It’s almost out of space. Maybe I’ll just buy one stick of RAM first then see if it’s fast enough.
The CPU i want to get for this computer AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition. So I guess the RAM I found should work on this computer?
it should work, but there is alot more cheaper ram for it, used 8 gigs of ddr3 (PC 12800U ones) is cheaper per stick. A Phenom II X6 wont hurt its performance, since it should be cheap on 2nd hand market. Just need a better cooler for it.

mynameisjoe1

Distinguished
May 8, 2015
it should work, but there is alot more cheaper ram for it, used 8 gigs of ddr3 (PC 12800U ones) is cheaper per stick. A Phenom II X6 wont hurt its performance, since it should be cheap on 2nd hand market. Just need a better cooler for it.
Alright I'll look on eBaY, I already noticed that the prices of used Phenoms are about half price as compared to new. The current desktop my mom uses already has a nice cooler installed, so I'll use that.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, it means alot. Just as expected, cheers!.

Reactions: Koekieezz