Question Looking for a 1440p, 144hz, IPS, G-Sync supporting monitor. What are my options?

ProtoflareX

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
As mentioned in the thread title, I am currently looking to buy a monitor that meets the following requirements:

*1440p resolution
*144hz refresh rate
*IPS panel
*G-Sync support

The two brands that are thrown into your face when you search on Google for a high-end gaming monitor are Asus and Acer. However, after perusing threads on other websites that are similar in nature to this one, I became aware that there are other monitor brands out there that are considered to be just as good as Acer and Asus while being more affordable. I could just buy the Asus PG279QZ or the Acer XB271HU which check all of the boxes, but I'm not looking to spend what I don't have to and want to explore all of my options. If there's a monitor out there that is cheaper and meets all of my requirements, then I'll gladly give it a go; anyone know of any such monitors?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Nvidia cards now support variable refresh rate on some freesync monitors. Going that route is basically the only way you might find something cheaper than the options you listed.

Somewhat annoyingly, most of the reasonably priced 27" 1440p freesync monitors are curved. Must all use the same panel or something.

ProtoflareX

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Nvidia cards now support variable refresh rate on some freesync monitors. Going that route is basically the only way you might find something cheaper than the options you listed.

Somewhat annoyingly, most of the reasonably priced 27" 1440p freesync monitors are curved. Must all use the same panel or something.
I was doing some searching while waiting for replies to this thread and found this beauty. It seems like exactly what I was looking for. The manufacturer claims that it has been tested to work with adaptive sync when using NVIDIA cards as well.

Reactions: TJ Hooker