Looking for a 2 in 1 for my Wife

Pipsfc

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Hey everyone! Looking at getting my wife a 2 in 1 laptop and need some help. Information is below.

1. What is your budget?

$700-900 (USD)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

14"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

At least 1920x1080 FHD

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

At least 7 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

World of Warcraft will be the only game played on it with at least medium settings. This will not be the main use of this laptop.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Tablet mode for note taking in college/university and online schooling

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

At least 512 GB SSD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

I don't have any but would prefer reputable sites that ship low cost or free to Alaska

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

Around 2-3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Fan of ASUS but also don't mind HP or Acer. Have not been a fan of Lenovo because I feel they are cheaply made, but I may be convinced otherwise

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

As I mentioned earlier, this is for my wife to use while at university. She wants the ability to take notes with a stylus in class on the laptop (hence the 2 in 1), do school work (online and standard office apps), and have some capability to play World of Warcraft (not remotely her main concern).

I appreciate any help and suggestion you all can provide!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, Lenovo Yoga seems to be a decent choice. Currently on sale:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/lapt...ies/yoga-7i-gen-7-(14-inch-intel)/len101y0012

SUMMERCTO coupon code

Take the base model, add the digital pen, and it comes to $917, free shipping, but I don't know about Alaska.

This is a 12th gen i5 with 8GB and 512GB SSD. Claimed 16 hour battery life. likely due to the reliance on e-cores (it is a 10 core 2 P cores, 8 E cores). They do have older models for a little less.

WoW should be playable on with relatively low settings at 1080p, but at a good frame rate. Setting it to medium or high, maybe.

i5-1135G7 is a good comparison, same graphics with 100Mhz more than the i5-1235u, but the new one has DDR5. (Even single channel DDR5 is effectively dual channel since all the sticks are dual rank, I think, anyway there are benches out there that show single stick DDR5 is quite comparable) You could always add more memory though.

Pipsfc

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Well, Lenovo Yoga seems to be a decent choice. Currently on sale:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/lapt...ies/yoga-7i-gen-7-(14-inch-intel)/len101y0012

SUMMERCTO coupon code

Take the base model, add the digital pen, and it comes to $917, free shipping, but I don't know about Alaska.

This is a 12th gen i5 with 8GB and 512GB SSD. Claimed 16 hour battery life. likely due to the reliance on e-cores (it is a 10 core 2 P cores, 8 E cores). They do have older models for a little less.

WoW should be playable on with relatively low settings at 1080p, but at a good frame rate. Setting it to medium or high, maybe.

i5-1135G7 is a good comparison, same graphics with 100Mhz more than the i5-1235u, but the new one has DDR5. (Even single channel DDR5 is effectively dual channel since all the sticks are dual rank, I think, anyway there are benches out there that show single stick DDR5 is quite comparable) You could always add more memory though.

Thank you for the suggestion. Not a bad one either. I almost bought it but waiting to see if someone else comes up with another option.