Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Good day,

I'm currently creating a build, and I need a power supply with the extra 4 pin ATX connector not just the standard 8 pin. Now some of you might be thinking, "You don't need that, that is just for extreme overclocking, and it will be unnecessary for the everyday user". Well, yeah that's true, I am familiar that the extra 4 pin isn't really necessary since that is just used for extreme overclocking. But what the hell, I can spare the money and I don't want any compatibility issues. I want my build to be "complete and safe" from whatever issues, may it be hardware, power etc. So I want all connections in the motherboard occupied with a cable. So what's a good 750 WATT FULLY MODULAR power supply?

Thanks.

Solution
Seasonic Focus have an excellent fully modular 750W gold certified unit. They are a quality and efficient unit with 10 years Warranty. Around $120 USD if you shop around and worth every penny.

I too use the 4pin dedicated connection for my Overclocks however there are times when extra power to the CPU is needed so I consider it good to have.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Good day,

I'm currently creating a build, and I need a power supply with the extra 4 pin ATX connector not just the standard 8 pin. Now some of you might be thinking, "You don't need that, that is just for extreme overclocking, and it will be unnecessary for the everyday user". Well, yeah that's true, I am familiar that the extra 4 pin isn't really necessary since that is just used for extreme overclocking. But what the hell, I can spare the money and I don't want any compatibility issues. I want my build to be "complete and safe" from whatever issues, may it be hardware, power etc. So I want all connections in the motherboard occupied with a cable. So what's a good 750 WATT FULLY MODULAR power supply?

Thanks.

Antec High Current Gamer (the Gold one and not a used one)
AData XPG Core Reactor
Corsair RM
Corsair RMX
EVGA G6
Fractal Design Ion Gold
NZXT C
Phanteks Revolt Pro
Super Flower Leadex III

There are more, but these are the more common recommendations for what you're looking for. I'm fairly certain that all have at least two 4+4 connectors, but do double-check before making any purchase.

Seasonic Focus have an excellent fully modular 750W gold certified unit. They are a quality and efficient unit with 10 years Warranty. Around $120 USD if you shop around and worth every penny.

I too use the 4pin dedicated connection for my Overclocks however there are times when extra power to the CPU is needed so I consider it good to have.

Last edited:
Solution