Looking for a AMD specific motherboard for a new pc im building

loganporter1218

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Im looking for an AMD motherboard with the AM3+ chipset (and 760g, i don't know if that matters / what that really is with amd since usually i go with intel) but i'm going to be using an AMD FX- 8300 (what it's titled on amazon is; "8-Core Black Edition FX-8300 3.3 GHz with 4.2 GHz Turbo Octa core Processor ") and i want a motherboard with 2 graphics card slots, or even 4 for quad crossfire (if that's how that works, I'm not too sure if there are 4 PCIe slot motherboards) money isn't too much of an issue but i'm also not looking for a $1000> pc either. Also, unrelated i could probably research it myself but if you know off the top of your head, which would be the best crossfire graphics card combo?

Solution

Here are some liquid coolers from various brands...

decentgamer

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Answering to your question, this motherboard shall do the trick! MSI Extreme gaming 970A - http://a.co/cc86zWl
I don't know what motherboard supports 4 GPUs, but anyways this motherboard is cheap, has RGB lighting and it's MSI ( it's a good brand ) and costs around $100.
If you want to run Crossfire, use RX 470 CrossFire. RX 480 Crossfire will bottleneck your CPU in many applications. RX 470 CrossFire is slightly weaker than GTX 1070. Remember to get a good PSU and cooling systems because it's gonna be hot hot hot. If you want RX 480 Crossfire, get a better core or take TechSource's build as an example: https://youtu.be/Ps3f35K5ajs

Hope this information helps! :) :)

loganporter1218

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

loganporter1218

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Thank you! i'll work to it. What kind of cooling do you think i should do? multiple fans? liquid cooling? etc
im not too sure how to liquid cool a pc but if its what i need im sure i can figure that out

decentgamer

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

Liquid cooling mostly focuses on CPU and mobo, that is good though.
Fans are located so they could spread cool wind throughout your PC, it will be of course weaker than liquid, but it's coverage is large so it can cool down.
I'd say go for cheap fans, the ones without LED. You'll need to measure the fans effiency through RPM and loudness in dB.
Also grab a CPU cooler, liquid cooler if you can!

:)

loganporter1218

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

liquid cpu cooler? never heard of it. Any specific brand / one?

decentgamer

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017

Here are some liquid coolers from various brands. Remember to check the socket support ( yours is AM3+ ) before you buy it. But don't worry, these are all good brands with good cooling products, so no worries.
Corsair H100i, H115, H110,...
NZXT has got Kraken X61, X52, X62,...
Thermaltake got Riing Water 3.0...
Cooler Master got Seidon series...
I think that's all I know. Hope this helps.

Solution