Question Looking for a better Web Browser

dan2me76

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
I have been using Firefox for the last 4 years after I found Chome leaving an active process after I closed the program. I found today that Firefox was using over 6 GB of ram. I have 3 pinned tabs and at that moment, I had another 4 tabs open. 2 were to Wowhead (a site I use to research my game, my gmail, and the main google search page with no active search. The program was minimized. I closed it immediately and got my RAM back. But why would any web browser need to use that much RAM when there is no streaming blocks on any of those pages? I have never liked any of Microsoft's browsers. So I'm just not sure where to go. Anybody incite would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As unhelpful as this sounds, I use Firefox on three different computers and none of them have this problem. Though I also have a few extensions designed to block loading of ads and a few other things. Either way, I'm not inclined to believe Firefox is a problem here.

But if you want alternatives, Edge is basically Chrome now and you could try Brave, Vivaldi, or Midori.

dan2me76

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2014
As unhelpful as this sounds, I use Firefox on three different computers and none of them have this problem. Though I also have a few extensions designed to block loading of ads and a few other things. Either way, I'm not inclined to believe Firefox is a problem here.

But if you want alternatives, Edge is basically Chrome now and you could try Brave, Vivaldi, or Midori.
What are the extensions you are using? Maybe, that might fix my problem.

TRENDING THREADS