Looking for a Budget CPU

zerocool1855

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I'm looking for a CPU that is under $200. My current build is as follows.

System Manufacturer: MSI
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 B75 Processor (3 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 950 EVGA ACX 2.0
Memory: 10240MB RAM
Model: 970 Gaming (MS-7693)
Power Supply: Cooler Master, Model RS-550-PCAR-N1 (It says 550 on the side in big letters.)

I will be upgrading the RAM as well. I currently know what I want for that. I just have no idea as to what I want for a CPU. I primarily play World of Warcraft, League of Legends and Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls. I would like to be able to stream as well.

Thank you!

Solution
It would be an small improvement, but if you really want to upgrade, get an i5 4460 or i3 and a reasonably cheap motherboard, you can carry over the RAM.
It would set you back about $250 for the i5 and $160 for the i3.
Would you like some recommendations?
What do you mean?
How can you possibly have a triple athlon CPU build? You mean three threads. The X3 is part of the name of the processor.
If you were to upgrade your CPU, you'd see little performance increase with your current graphics card.
If you want better performance, i'd salvage the storage from that machine and build a whole new rig, not much point beating a dead horse. :(

zerocool1855

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I'm confused? I was looking to get potentially get a AMD FX6300. I can't afford a new build. I just purchased the GPU recently. I don't do nothing that intensive. Also the Passmark score for the AMD FX6300 is 6,333 and the AMD Phenom II X3 B75 is 3,157? So that wouldn't be a upgrade?

It would be an small improvement, but if you really want to upgrade, get an i5 4460 or i3 and a reasonably cheap motherboard, you can carry over the RAM.
It would set you back about $250 for the i5 and $160 for the i3.
Would you like some recommendations?

Solution