Looking for a budget soundbar to improve TV sound

ProX

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Hello everyone.
I would like to get some better audio and was thinking a soundbar is the way to go for me. Problem is that I have no idea as to what I should look for in a soundbar.
my budget is somewhat limited to no more than like 350~380$.
Here are soundbars that I can buy in my country:

1 - PURE ACOUSTICS SBW285
2 - LG SK8
3 - SONY HTMT300
4 - JBL BAR 2.1
5 - PANASONIC SC-HTB18

Which one should I buy?
Thanks.

ProX

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2012
Is the height same as the width?

f2a110eab2a659f1b2243e407b8bc624.png

c0d5d27b4fe80e6952e263863b56075a.png

ANYTHING is going to be improvement vs built-in. To me:

I'd look for SB as wide as possible, up to the width of TV for maximum drivers separation and a modicum of sound stage.

With small drivers then, more drivers is better to me, able move more air.

Wireless sub maybe more convenient for placement but needs power plug nearby. To be sure wired sub may need power plug as well.

HDMI ARC most desirable, if also available on TV, allows highest signal quality + may allow volume control via TV's remote. Your next connection type is Toslink.

Other non-TV related, optional features on SB, Bluetooth for portable music player/smartphone, more HDMI inputs to plug in OTHER sources in the future.

If you are going for 2.1, read the reviews, pay attention what people say about vocals, that's the primary reason you are doing this.

Be aware if you thinking traditional AVR, at usd$660 you are most likely going to get a fat and stubby CENTER. There are SB-like Centers, but again more$$.

TRENDING THREADS