Looking for a college laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

djoprel

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
1. What is your budget?
Up to $800
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable but I don't mind it being a bit heavy or large
5. How much battery life do you need?
It would be great if it could last a day through college, but I would settle for less
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
A few but nothing too heavy
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Mostly school related tasks, text-editing, excel and more
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB at least, 1TB would be nice
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years at least
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't really need an optical drive.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I prefer Lenovo, Dell and HP, because I have had good experiences with these brands.
I prefer not to buy Acer, since I've had horrible experiences with their laptops. They always broke very fast with careful use.
I won't be buying an Apple laptop, since I find the software terrible, and it's not compatible with every economic program.

13. What country do you live in?
The Netherlands, but I will visit America next week, so I'm hoping to pick something up there
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
A keypad would be great since I use that a lot for excel and programs like that.
A touchscreen would be nice but it's not a necessity.

I looked into the Lenovo Flex 15, it looked really good in my opinion, is it any good?

Thanks for reading this and trying to help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.