Question Looking for a CPU Air cooling under 150mm height

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
As the title says.. My case cooler limit is 150mm. i was thinking about maybe getting a NH-C14S

I upgraded from i5-4460 to i7-4790k and it seem the old fan cant stand the heat

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nice answers, but currently fruitless. No boundaries are set. What cpu is the cooler going on, what kind of usage will it see, and just how far would you want to take OC, if any.

There's a rather large difference in ability between a Raijintek Aidos (92mm but same results as a CM hyper212 evo) or a cryorig M9 series, and something like a Scythe Fuma 2 which gets better temps than a NH-D15S if kept under 200w

OK, just saw the 4790k... But still, usage? OC?

My personal favorite, was cheaper last week.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock TF 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($106.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $106.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-19 19:58 EDT-0400

Last edited:

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Nice answers, but currently fruitless. No boundaries are set. What cpu is the cooler going on, what kind of usage will it see, and just how far would you want to take OC, if any.

There's a rather large difference in ability between a Raijintek Aidos (92mm but same results as a CM hyper212 evo) or a cryorig M9 series, and something like a Scythe Fuma 2 which gets better temps than a NH-D15S if kept under 200w

OK, just saw the 4790k... But still, usage? OC?

My personal favorite, was cheaper last week.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock TF 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($106.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $106.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-19 19:58 EDT-0400
It just normal use with some light gaming most of the time..
I doubt i will OC it but i want to get the better one just in case

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Then any of the choices above will work just fine. The differences are going to be price and wants. The larger coolers like the C14S or TF or Fuma2 will generally run quieter than the smaller coolers and will have better capacity, but cost more. It'll boil down to whether you can justify spending extra for looks and ability over needs.

JellyTime

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Then any of the choices above will work just fine. The differences are going to be price and wants. The larger coolers like the C14S or TF or Fuma2 will generally run quieter than the smaller coolers and will have better capacity, but cost more. It'll boil down to whether you can justify spending extra for looks and ability over needs.
i really dont know about the looks.
i guess i will go with the C14S then

Reactions: NightHawkRMX