[SOLVED] Looking for a decent gaming 1080p 60Hz IPS monitor

lockstercarbz

Prominent
May 3, 2018
Hello, I'm looking for a monitor with the above description. I'll consider any monitor below around £350, though if it is a better deal for more, I'll also consider that.

It is hard for me to look for monitors with this description as there are many monitors that fall into this category, so a lot of my decision making should be based on hands-on experience.

Thanks!

Solution
If you are looking to spend that much on a 60hz monitor, it makes me wonder why you want a 60hz one? Do you have a GPU that is powerful enough to display over 144fps in the activities you do (streaming, browsing, gaming). If so, you can get a very nice 144hz 1080p monitor. Even if you do not have the GPU capability to achieve 144fps, I still recommend you look into both of the monitors below because they can still use them at 60hz if you want to, but will provide additional benefit if you want to further.

I have owned both of the monitors below and they are amazing. I am unsure what they cost in your region since you regarded your budget in pounds, however I would purchase the Asus monitor if you want to invest the money. I would call...

AnthonyStew

Honorable
May 1, 2014
If you are looking to spend that much on a 60hz monitor, it makes me wonder why you want a 60hz one? Do you have a GPU that is powerful enough to display over 144fps in the activities you do (streaming, browsing, gaming). If so, you can get a very nice 144hz 1080p monitor. Even if you do not have the GPU capability to achieve 144fps, I still recommend you look into both of the monitors below because they can still use them at 60hz if you want to, but will provide additional benefit if you want to further.

I have owned both of the monitors below and they are amazing. I am unsure what they cost in your region since you regarded your budget in pounds, however I would purchase the Asus monitor if you want to invest the money. I would call it the best 1080p monitor on the market. It is extremely clean, high-quality, great picture, and is 27". If there is a large difference in the prices between the two and the Zowie becomes cheaper by lets say 40-50£--buy the Zowie. They are very similar and both great, but after owning the Asus I would purchase it again over the Zowie.

Zowie:
https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Response-Equalizer-Vibrance-Adjustable/dp/B01H5KKQTM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1540568506&sr=8-6&keywords=144hz+1ms+monitor&dpID=41Va62icR3L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Asus:
https://www.amazon.com/1080p-Gaming-LED-Lit-Monitor-VG278Q/dp/B074JLD4HZ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1540568506&sr=8-3&keywords=144hz+1ms+monitor&dpID=51EvWAQYIIL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Solution