Looking for a full coverage water block for my XFX ATI Radeon HD 5870 (HD-587X-ZNFC) 1GB GDDR5 SDRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
EK FC5870 should work, though finding one might be an issue.

Any specific reason why you would need a waterblock now for about 10 years old graphic card?

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
I see.. No CPU's with built in GPU lying around?

I saw the exact same card with that block all ready fitted on ebay, but it was something like 70 eur and you all ready have the card, so that defeats the purpose..

Will she be gaming?

Feb 8, 2020
Unfortunately, no spare processors to match any sockets I have. Against my better judgement I disposed of quite a bit of stuff not too long ago.

She doesn't game.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm wondering if it might be cheaper to get, say, a new GT 1030 with passive cooling. It's not quite as good a performer as the HD 5870, but at only 30W, there are multiple variants with silent cooling solutions.

Beware of the DDR4 variants, though, as they seem to charge as much for those as they do for the better GDDR5 versions.

I don't know how much a waterblock that would fit the 5870 would go for, though.

Feb 8, 2020
Yes, search has proved fruitless. Got some generic chipset blocks collecting dust. It's not going to be stressed so that'll do...cost effective as well.

Meh, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thank you all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS