[SOLVED] Looking for a Gaming Laptop, Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
1. What is your budget?
1500 plus or minus 150

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Doesn't matter

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 is optimal

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No

5. How much battery life do you need?
Minimum 3 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, DOOM, COD, HALO, ARCHEAGE, KINGDOM COME: DELIVERENCE are my top few. High/ultra

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Connect an elgato to it to stream off of it (will play games on my desktop). Adobe elements and vegas pro occasionally.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
1-3 tb and ssd if possible too

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
whatever is best

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
doesn't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
doesn't matter, whatever is best

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Nothing too heavy (over 10 pounds).

Solution
1. What is your budget?
1500 plus or minus 150

Doesn't matter

1920x1080 is optimal

No

Minimum 3 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, DOOM, COD, HALO, ARCHEAGE, KINGDOM COME: DELIVERENCE are my top few. High/ultra

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Connect an elgato to it to stream off of it (will play games on my desktop). Adobe elements and vegas...
1. What is your budget?
1500 plus or minus 150

Doesn't matter

1920x1080 is optimal

No

Minimum 3 hours

Connect an elgato to it to stream off of it (will play games on my desktop). Adobe elements and vegas pro occasionally.

whatever is best

at least 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
doesn't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

USA

I don't think you're being realistic. The next halo is a next gen game optimised for next gen consoles which by the looks of things will be fairly capable. A £1500 laptop going into next gen won't be able to run new games at high/ultra. Also 3 hours is a lot to ask, you will need to plug it in to game.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Watch the, now edited, "colorful" language, please. Thank you.
I don't think you're being realistic. The next halo is a next gen game optimised for next gen consoles which by the looks of things will be fairly capable. A £1500 laptop going into next gen won't be able to run new games at high/ultra. Also 3 hours is a lot to ask, you will need to plug it in to game.
You have got to be <<Edited by Moderator>> kidding me right? Now I came here for recommendations but I still know what I'm talking about. I'm playing halo ultra on my 1070. 1500 laptops from razer (a proven overly priced company) can best a 1070... I don't want your input from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have got to be <<edited>> kidding me right? Now I came here for recommendations but I still know what I'm talking about. I'm playing halo ultra on my 1070. 1500 laptops from razer (a proven overly priced company) can best a 1070... I don't want your input from now on.
You’re plaything THIS gens halo. Not the new one coming up which will be a hell of a lot more demanding. You’re expecting it to last 4 years, the next halo is supposedly a launch title for the series X at the end of this year.

Oh and a desktop 1070 with a 9900K barely scrapes 60FPS at 1440p on the new call of duty which is for current gen systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2020
1. What is your budget?
1500 plus or minus 150

Doesn't matter

1920x1080 is optimal

No

Minimum 3 hours

whatever is best

at least 4 years

doesn't matter

USA

JUst get the best price gaming laptop like HP omen 15 2019 Ver it has i7 9 GEn and RTX 2060, 16gb DD4, 512gb of MNV and 1tb Hardisk. should be enough for gaming.

Even thought you bought RTX 2080 laptop GPU, u cannot push it to maximum in Ultra setting anyway which will make your laptop Scream in Temperature. Is always diffrent from Desktop, that u have to keep in mind.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.