Question Looking for a gaming laptop that runs cool (Do unibody heatsinks exist?)

Jordan Koller

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello friends,

I am looking for a recommendation on a gaming laptop that has an i7 and a 1060 (or higher GPU) that can actually maintain decent temps. I currently have an Alienware 15r4 and it runs at 95c under load, even with an undervolt. I've heard there are Clevo laptops out there with a unibody heatsink, but I can't find anything using Google. Any and all advice is appreciated. If you have any temps you can post with your recommendation (while gaming, not random benchmarking), that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Jordan

Don't know if this helps you but seeing latest high-powered laptops with half of the bottom shell a mesh, no doubt to facilitate temp management.

Cool? not in your life, but able to dissipate better, perhaps.

Jordan Koller

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Thanks for the response! I did some more research and it looks like the Lenovo Legion with the mesh bottom is the coolest laptop running the i7 8750H. There is a really great Youtuber out there who has a ton of info on laptop thermals. Here's his channel for anyone else who ran into the same issues I did (server thermal throttling on Alienware 15R4)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNt9L3BWOFo