[SOLVED] Looking for a gaming Laptop with decent battery life

PhantomXS

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2013
So here's the deal -

I currently own a 2014 Macbook Pro 13 inch and a Gaming desktop.
I will be going away (hopefully) for further studies later this year and need a new laptop. My Macbook is anyways running slower than I'd like and needs replacement.

So this is what I am looking for with the gaming laptop:

1. Future proof enough? It should be able to run the popular AAA games like Assassins Creed, Farcry or Call of Duty 5 years down the line without a hitch. For instance, my gaming destop which was built 7 years ago can run AC Odyssey and FC5 without any hitch. I understand this may not translate as well with laptops but I'll still keep the criteria. Would GTX 2070/2080 max get the job done here?
  2. Min. 16 GB ram
  3. 1 TB SSD/nvme
  4. Decent battery life. This one is important. As I mentioned earlier, I plan to use this in college, and I'd really prefer not to have to plugin within say 5-6 hours of using MS Office, web browsing, etc. I can't care enough how long it lasts while gaming as it will be plugged in.
  5. Good trackpad experience. I know Macbooks have one of the best if not THE best trackpad experience, but it'd be great to find something similar
  6. Ports - I care about - USB A, C (with latest thunderbolt support). Don't care about - SD cards, Ethernet ports
  7. Ergonomics and keyboard - Again since it will be used in college, there might be long papers typed on it and it would be good if I didn't have to worry about my wrist.
  8. I do not care about RGB lighting. So please don't discount a name from your suggestion just because it's missing this.
  9. Min. 6 GB vram
  10. Price - I can spend $3K USD, maybe little more (student discount should help).
  11. Display - I don't care if its OLED/4K or Full HD/1080p. Screen size max 16 inch. Preferably 13-15 inches.
  12. Thickness - The typical new Razer/Zephyrus, etc. Not those old bulk Alienwares.

When you provide your response, I request you list the following:

1. Model name & year of launch -
  2. Battery life in non-gaming use -
  3. Availability of additional nvme port (not a must, but would like to know) -
  4. Pros -
  5. Cons -
  6. All other details -

Alternatively, do you guys suggest spending upto $1,500 on a decent work/study laptop, and spending more to get a eGPU just for gaming?

I apologize for putting the long criteria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2GOHfSS5o&t=

Dunno exact date of release, but it was q2 2019.

battery life is around 6-7 hours.
has the best (last gen) cpu thast was on the market and 2070 max-q

no real cons other than an okay keyboard and a really bad cam placement.

It does not have an a free nvme slot, but it has one that is occupied, and has upgradeable ram.

btw, this is the best battry life you will find on any laptop (with this much horsepower)
it has a 94w hour battery, which is literally 5watts lower than the most you can put on a plane with.

My only suggestion is on top of all this is to look for model with BEST thermal design, lowest temperatures under load for cpu / gpu. These manufactors tell all these nice benchmarks for theyre awesome specs but then when you buy the laptop you get temperature throttled to ground if its bad design.