Looking for a Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1990

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Hey guys,

I am currently in the market for a laptop (never owned one before). I am looking for something in the $800-1500 range that would be able to play some of the newer online games out there, it doesn't need to be top of the line or anything like that, but something reliable that will work.

anyone have any suggestions?

- Thanks!

Matt1990

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
1_What is your budget?

$800-$1600

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3_What screen resolution do you want?

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portability

5_How much battery life do you need?

2-3 Hours would be nice (Will be spending much of its time plugged in anyway)

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the
settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

WoW, CS Source, CoD Med.-High

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

Surfing the web, occasional videos

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

(Not sure how much I need)

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

No specific site

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

2-3 years would be nice

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

Reliability is a selling point

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Not enough experience with laptops to prefer one brand over another

13_What country do you live in?

United States

razor117

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
I saw this deal the other day and I think it fits you requirements nicely.

Acer Aspire AS6930-6941 Notebook PC - Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, Blu-ray ROM, 16" WXGA, Vista Home Premium 64, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS for $700

Matt1990

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
what options do you suggest while customizing that Maziar ?

Any other laptop suggestions would be great, thx for the help ;d

For only a little more, the GTX260 in the Sager would crush the 9800M GS.

Depending on how much you require, I would at the very least upgrade the Sager to 4gb of RAM and bump up to a 7200RPM HDD and add Vista Home Premium 64-bit. That would bring your total to just a little over $1500

The laptop in my sig is a 2 year old Sager. It's been rock solid since the day I've bought it. I've never had any issues with it and no down time for repairs. The machine is sturdy and well built. It does tend to flex a bit, but hey it's a 9 lbs laptop. The price/performance of Sager is very tough to beat.

An alternative to xoticpc.com is www.sagernotebook.com. Their prices are a little higher, but you are buying direct from them and not through a reseller like xotic.

Also what is nice about these guys is that they charge reasonable prices for customizations. If you look at Dell or HP, they tend to want to charge $100+ to go from 2gb of RAM to 4gb. Sager wants 50. Same thing with HDD options.

polyzp

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
600 is ALOT more not a little..

i still say you cant beat my deal! Unless your running crysis warhead you wont really be able to tell a huge difference between the sager and the asus.

Matt1990

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
Anyone have any input on Xoticpc.com i read some reviews online and i found a lot of people saying they had horrible experiences with them, think its worth a little more and buying directly from sager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.