Looking for a Gaming Mouse!

Ravitt

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Hi everyone! Like tittle says, im looking for a gaming mouse ...

I have theese 3 options:

- Razer naga chroma
- Logitech g600
- Corsair Scimitar

The price is not the problem (i mean, i can afford any of them), i just want opinions ... and mainly the difference between them!

Another thing, i know that the razer naga crhoma, is laser and the other are optical i think ... so in that case, which is convenient for gaming?

Thanks all and i hope u can help me with this! :)

Solution

I don't have the black version, so I couldn't tell you. As far as "must", that's a strong word. Do you think you'd like a large mouse? It does have as I understand the largest available number of buttons, if you count the G-shift option, so that's nice. As far as finding the buttons goes, no problem.

As for comfort, I honest to god would buy this mouse without any...
Firstly, what games and how do you hold your mouse? Are your hands Trump sized, or big or medium or what?

I presume judging by the mice you've preselected you're probably interested mostly in MOBA and RPG?

Anyway, I can speak on the Logitech G600 MMO with some authority as it has been my primary mouse since 2013.

Pros:
- Logitech certainly backs up their products.
- Tons of buttons on the side, a really nice build, and the third button allows you to shift for 2x the functions
- Nice wide footprint. Your third finger controls this button. It's a large mouse.
- There are work arounds for the issues I mention, but they're kind of annoying

Cons:
- I have the older white version, but it has a chronic issue with jumping cursor when the on-board memory is used. Documented issue with this mouse's older version at least. Dunno if they fixed it, but at least the newer black variant is able to do a firmware patch, so if it isn't there's hope.
- Loses its memory randomly and will not work until LGS loads on your system. Not so bad for SSD, but a pain for HDD.
- It had to be supported. 3 times. Every one they sent me had this issue, and it was across multiple systems.

On the whole, I like the mouse - enough that I've tolerated that for 5 years, and on the whole, it doesn't rear its head too often. I'd say it's worth a try, but really put it through its paces while you can still return it or buy the extended warranty if it offers replacement. Logitech will take care of you for the 3 year period, but you may find they have to take care of you more than convenient.

As for the Naga, my buddy has it. I haven't heard many complaints, but it doesn't have the shifting mechanism like on the Logitech.

Ravitt

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Yes! I will be using it for MOBA and MMORPG (mainly for WoW and LoL).

- The g600 MMO is another version?
- And what about the Razer being a "laser mouse"? I've read that laser are not too good for gaming ...

G600 MMO - it was originally sold with white paint, but when Logitech revamped it, they made it black instead. Make sure you buy a black one, if for some reason there's still a mix wherever you purchase it, if you do.

Laser? Optical? I'll admit.... beyond getting a higher polling rate and some more upgradeability on sensors, I've never bothered really looking at this. It's not a component I've found to help me. I'd focus more on the featuresets in this order:

1. Ergonomics
2. Buttons/Customizability
3. Capabilities like sensor

High DPI is overrated in my opinion, but I will tell you I have gotten a crazy amount of use out of the side buttons. They work wonderfully in League, and conveniently Terraria, Ark, Minecraft, and most switching tool games can be fully accessed with the number of buttons you have - before turning on the G-switch mode and getting another full set. Custom macros are available on the software which I use for programming and stuff, and overall it's a pretty solid unit, exempting those glitches I mentioned, which as I stated, may be patched out on the new variant (the white one doesn't have a capacity to firmware patch, the black one does).

You'd have to ask someone else to get a really good answer on the laser/optical thing though, because I've never cared about the difference for all the difference it has made.

Ravitt

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Now i understand! So the problems you said are only with the white version? Or the black too? Cause today i saw it in the store, and was the black one ...

So, to conclude, you say that i must go with the g600? I really like the shift button for the 2x functions. Also there is ppl saying that the button panel has a better angle than the others, and is more confortable!

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Ive done some quick research on those same 3. Started playing warcraft again and was thinking about one for pvp (if I stick with it this xpac). They all had very decent reviews and I dont think you can go wrong. I've played around with the corsair and it was a pretty solid mouse. I think I would go with that just because I know I like the feel of it. My biggest thing was I wanted to be able to feel the side buttons and be sure I knew what I was clicking. And the corsair passed that test well enough (for only playing with it for a few minutes). If I didn't just buy a new msi gaming mouse a few months ago I would have bought it then just to give it a try.

I don't have the black version, so I couldn't tell you. As far as "must", that's a strong word. Do you think you'd like a large mouse? It does have as I understand the largest available number of buttons, if you count the G-shift option, so that's nice. As far as finding the buttons goes, no problem.

As for comfort, I honest to god would buy this mouse without any of the gaming accoutrements. It's the only one on the market I've found to be nice in large hands. But, and I must emphasize this: comfort is extremely subjective. The only person you should trust here is yourself, make sure there's good return policies or a plan B.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS