[SOLVED] Looking for a gaming setup for Dota 2 on a WQHD 150 Hz Displays

Feb 11, 2021
Hi guys,

as the title says, Dota 2 is planned on a WQHD Display in 150 Hz.
See my current hardware:

i7- 3770
Mainboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
16 GB DDR3 Dual 667MHz (4x4GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

What do you think?
Upgrade this system or get an entirely new one?

Thanks to all comments!

Solution
I´ve heard Dota 2 is rather hard on the CPU than the GPU, therefore my question do you think it would be necessary to get a better CPU or do you think that still the GPU is the bottleneck? Currently I am getting 55fps..
Oof odd new system id suspect that to be ALOT TO DO WITH older slow ram speed yes you have more of it there but still a little bit on the slower side. Even maybe just two 8gb 1200MHz sticks would help instead of 4 600 something
Hi guys,

as the title says, Dota 2 is planned on a WQHD Display in 150 Hz.
See my current hardware:

i7- 3770
Mainboard Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
16 GB DDR3 Dual 667MHz (4x4GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

What do you think?
Upgrade this system or get an entirely new one?

Thanks to all comments!
Upgrade your system dota 2 isn't that demanding of a game it just needs a little nicer hardware i guess you could say... I would recommend starting upgrading to this

Xeon E3-1290v2
And maybe a new gpu with a updated psu​

Feb 11, 2021
I´ve heard Dota 2 is rather hard on the CPU than the GPU, therefore my question do you think it would be necessary to get a better CPU or do you think that still the GPU is the bottleneck? Currently I am getting 55fps..

Oof odd new system id suspect that to be ALOT TO DO WITH older slow ram speed yes you have more of it there but still a little bit on the slower side. Even maybe just two 8gb 1200MHz sticks would help instead of 4 600 something

Solution