Question Looking for a good 1440p/4K gaming monitor

InfamousNathan

Commendable
Oct 31, 2020
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a good 1440p or 4K gaming monitor. I've watched quite a few videos but cannot fully make my mind up on what the best balance between image quality and performance would be. I tried the Gigabyte M28U 4K 144 Hz monitor the other day but I'm now sending this back due to the colours not being that great for my personal taste, and in my personal opinion. Also I think I may be better off with 1440p rather than 4K as from what I've been told you ideally need an RTX 3080 at the very least to run games well with a 4K monitor at 144+ Hz. Personally I'd rather take higher frames on 1440p than lower frames on 4K.

I've just ordered the MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 1440p 165 Hz monitor to try, so I'll test this out and see how it is. Does anyone have any opinions on this monitor at all? Or do you think I'd be better of with something else? A few people have said it's factory calibration is quite bad but I suppose I can adjust the settings once I get it. I can always send it back if it's no good which is why I'm still looking for opinions.

Makaveli

Splendid
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a good 1440p or 4K gaming monitor. I've watched quite a few videos but cannot fully make my mind up on what the best balance between image quality and performance would be. I tried the Gigabyte M28U 4K 144 Hz monitor the other day but I'm now sending this back due to the colours not being that great for my personal taste, and in my personal opinion. Also I think I may be better off with 1440p rather than 4K as from what I've been told you ideally need an RTX 3080 at the very least to run games well with a 4K monitor at 144+ Hz. Personally I'd rather take higher frames on 1440p than lower frames on 4K.

I've just ordered the MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD 1440p 165 Hz monitor to try, so I'll test this out and see how it is. Does anyone have any opinions on this monitor at all? Or do you think I'd be better of with something else? A few people have said it's factory calibration is quite bad but I suppose I can adjust the settings once I get it. I can always send it back if it's no good which is why I'm still looking for opinions.

What is your budget and current gpu?