Question looking for a Good and reliable brand of monitors

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
My AOC CQ32G1 Monitor has recently developed an issue where there is a green line at the bottom of the screen, iv since contacted the manufacture only for them to tell me they are not going to do anything to help "as the monitor would be deemed not economically viable as the repair would out way the cost of the monitor"
this is the second monitor iv had from AOC as the first one had a manufacturing issue which they exchanged through the warranty, and now the one they gave me as a replacement is now faulty and the warranty has expired now, hence why I'm looking for a new monitor, I'm not very familiar with what's good however, which is why I'm asking here.

so needless to say I think I'm done with AOC as a company there monitor's just don't seem to last very long.

so with that in mind I'm asking for a recommendation to either a good monitor or a good brand that will last longer then 3/4 years without braking from general use.

list of specifications I would like

Price: £350 (don't mind going a little bit more)
Resolution: 1440p
Screen size: 32inch
Anti screen tearing: freesync
Refresh rate: 144hz (I don't need any more than that)

As to anything else I don't mind.

I understand this is a bit of a weird thing to ask as "why don't you just look yourself?" and I am, its just iv only really ever had this monitor (cq32g1) and as a result I'm not familiar with other monitors/brands.

I appreciate your time thanks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I've generally had good luck with Dell, but that's only an anecdote....my personal experience that you should give minimal weight to as you should to any other anecdotes.

You have an excellent chance of spending considerable time tearing your hair out if you ever have to deal with Dell''s customer service department. Unfortunately, I'd guess you could say the same about other manufacturers.

muddysoap14

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Well, at that price point you are looking at the cheapest possible monitors that don't meet all your requirements. So you are going to have to spend quite a bit more to get more than the minimum entry.

You could get a Gigabyte Ultrawide for about £380 (21:9)

32" 16:9 from Viewsonic for£391

AOC returns at £400

You should look at this LG for £500

what do you mean by AOC returns at £400?
do you mean that, they will return the monitor with some store credit up to £400, or is AOC return the name of the monitor/model?
Because I’m looked for a AOC returns, and can’t seem to find anything.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
what do you mean by AOC returns at £400?
do you mean that, they will return the monitor with some store credit up to £400, or is AOC return the name of the monitor/model?
Because I’m looked for a AOC returns, and can’t seem to find anything.

No, you said you didn't want an AOC monitor, didn't think you wanted to look at that one.

Ive run 2 BenQ monitors from Feb 2007 till October 2012, switching to 2 Asus monitors till Feb 2018, then switching to 2 LG monitors that i still have. So yeah about 5 years or so out of them before one goes bad and i replace both. All of my monitors stay on 24/7 with no screen savers.

At work im running 4 P2312H dell monitors so those are 2012 models, the computer get locked at night but i dont turn off the monitors.