Question Looking for a good cpu motherboard combo

May 8, 2019
Hey all,
I’m currently looking at repairing my broken down pc. I have a gtx 750 ti, 550W gold power supply, 1TB HDD. I’m looking for a good cpu motherboard and case. I’ll mainly be using it for WoW. I do only have a $500 budget for the motherboard cpu ram and case. I can spend a little over. I’d prefer from this website http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf. As it is close to me.
But if you can find better parts cheaper and delivery isn’t too bad for Australia feel free to list. Preferably AUD prices.

I appreciate your help, I’ve never been good at matching mother boards with CPU’s.
Thanks

mihaisoroiu05

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
Mother board MSI B360 GAMING PRO CARBON
Cpu. I3 8100
Ram. 8GB Single 2400 Crucial/GeIL Pristine/Kingston Value
Case. Thermaltake h17... I for got the name of it
I think these will work but it jumps a little over 500$
I am not sure at the motherboard and the case if will fit but I think you can ask at the market if they don't fit for a case in the money

Reactions: NeonTroy

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
ryzen5 2600 +b450 board and you should have around $150 $AUD left which you can spend on ram, and get dual channel ram even if its 2x4gb
i dont really care about case and would get the cheapest one which got vents on front and back. you looking at something around $550 AUD unless you find good deals. i would even suggest you get a used Case, clean it up pop in new case fan and its good as new. as long as it got vents in front and back you are good.

this system will allow you to get a better GPU in future than getting a 4c,4T or 4c,8T chip.. but again if you not planning on getting something in gtx1070 or gtx 1080 neighbourhood even in future, you sure you dont mind 1080p gaming with mid to mix settings and would get something like 1050ti or 1060 at most in future, then you can go with a ryzen3 or intel i3. and build something around $400AUD.

Reactions: NeonTroy
May 8, 2019
ryzen5 2600 +b450 board and you should have around $150 $AUD left which you can spend on ram, and get dual channel ram even if its 2x4gb
i dont really care about case and would get the cheapest one which got vents on front and back. you looking at something around $550 AUD unless you find good deals. i would even suggest you get a used Case, clean it up pop in new case fan and its good as new. as long as it got vents in front and back you are good.

this system will allow you to get a better GPU in future than getting a 4c,4T or 4c,8T chip.. but again if you not planning on getting something in gtx1070 or gtx 1080 neighbourhood even in future, you sure you dont mind 1080p gaming with mid to mix settings and would get something like 1050ti or 1060 at most in future, then you can go with a ryzen3 or intel i3. and build something around $400AUD.
That’s definately what I’m looking for would you suggest getting an radeon card vs an nvidia graphics card then ?

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
That’s definately what I’m looking for would you suggest getting an radeon card vs an nvidia graphics card then ?

amd or nvidia, nvidia is better(at high end) but they come at a price. but in mid range there really isnt much of a difference(its few FPS here and there), so i would get whichever i can find on a good deal.
-you already have a 750Ti, and i wouldnt suggest upgrade unless you willing to cough up $350-500 AUD and get something like Gtx1660Ti /RX580/RX590 or something in that neighborhood, anything less is really not much of an improvement over 750ti atleast not worth spending money on. you can play 1080p mid to low settings on 750ti and get 45-60fps.
improvement is 1080p-1440p ultra, 60+fps. also if you dont have a 120hz monitor there is really no point getting GPU which pumps out more than 60FPS.
-at the end its all about what games you like to play and get system for that not what games can you play.. i play CS:GO and sometimes Rust, would very rarely play a AAA title, so i got me a ryzen3 2200G and it runs like a charm. my motherboard cost more than my CPU :p