Question Looking for a good free VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangaman

Honorable
There are free VPN's, but they usually have a fixed data cap which is around 500MB-1GB.

ProtonVPN is really the only free VPN that I know of off the top of my head. It has no monthly data limits so you can use as much data to your hearts content.

Sadly though, it can only connect to 3 servers in 3 separate countries which are USA, Japan and the Netherlands. Also, the network speed the quite throttled down, so you might want to take that into consideration.

Even though the free version does not connect to the UK, you can still give it a try.

Full review is here.

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
Free VPN's are always slow and unreliable, and many of them have been exposed as selling data to data-mineing companies to make up for not charging for their service in the first place, or they're just owned by data-mineing companies outright. Also they're security generally is very poor to start with. Sorry but that's just the hard truth of it, you get what you pay for. This site explains the issues with free VPN's in more detail if you want more info the subject.

I'd recommend getting a paid VPN of some sort. Most decent VPN's charge 10-15 dollars a month, any less and they're probably running the same scam as the free VPN's, their just charging to look more legitimate.

Reactions: digitalgriffin

joemaxpayne

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2012
free vpn's sucks because lot of people use it so speed is very slow. im using avast ultimate which comes with Vpn which has high speed so good for watching FHD+ videos. but only problem is cant use it for gaming because 180ms ping without vpn will jump to 400+ ping on vpn.

Jan 14, 2020
It sucks that free vpns usually sell your data or offer very limited features. On the other hand, we already have to pay at least 30 bucks to our Internet provider just for our data to be handed out to the government, I refuse to pay 100 bucks to a VPN provider in addition to that. You should use a free vpn service that offers premium plans like http://atlasvpn.com/vpn or https://www.hotspotshield.com/, this way you'll know they don't collect their coin selling your info. Personally I use Atlas VPN, it gives me 120 mbps speed and has servers in the us which is enough considering it's a free app

Status
Not open for further replies.