Looking for a good gaming laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan Sweeney

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Hi.

I want a good gaming laptop, as you know from the title. There's too many choices.

I want something with:

A 15.6" screen wit a resolution of at least 1600x900, but preferably 1920x1080 or higher.
A backlit keyboard
A good webcam and microphone
Loud speakers
Battery life of at at least 7 hours
Has a NVIDIA graphics card with at least 2 GB of GDDR5 video memory
At least 16 GB of memory
An Intel Core i7, at least quad core, and at least 2.4 GHz

There's too many and so many brands. Alienware, Asus, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer, Dell, omg there's so many!

Aidan Sweeney

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

The specs don't have to be exact.

Everything's nice, but...

Dat hard drive doe...I like that it's SSD, but 256 GB...probably isn't enough for me..and I don't have the tools to upgrade it. Also the red backlight, eh...I'd prefer white.

It also doesn't state the weight. or the battery life. I consider those important factors.

For the storage, I did see a HDD, but with that it doesn't let me have both. I'd like an SSD for windows and some programs, and a big hard drive for everything else.

The main problem is the 7 hour battery life. That is very rare in gaming laptops as they remain plugged in most of the time. You can go for slim laptops like the razor blade or the lenovo y50 but they are very expensive for the performance you get. You could go for an asus rog laptop like the asus g750jz but that doesn't have very good battery life.

Aidan Sweeney

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Actually, I really don't care too much about battery life but I still do. Weight definitely does matter though.

Storage does matter too because I'll have lots of games and other stuff. My preferred configuration is a 256GB (or bigger) SSD and then a 1TB or 3TB 5400rpm drive.

You could look into the auros x7. I don't know how good it is at cooling or how loud the laptop is but it looks good. You could look into barebone laptops which you may be able to get a cheaper price than a branded laptop.

Aidan Sweeney

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Yeah, I looked at that. I was considering it, but...

Beezy, I'm not gonna use this just for gaming. I'll need something that I can take places.

Status
Not open for further replies.