Looking for a good gaming monitor. (More than 60hz and possibly 1440p)

dkapbboy

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
So I'm pretty new to researching monitors so I thought I'd get help from you guys. I'm currently using a 24inch Samsung 1920x1080 60hz monitor. I'm not sure of the specific model.

I was looking for a bit of an upgrade. Anything above 60hz and one step above 1080p (which I believe is 1440p).I don't know much about the pros and cons of certain monitors at this point except from what I read a moment ago on this website. That new Nvidia G Sync technology seems really cool but I haven't been able to find any monitors that have it yet (and are within my price range). I'm looking to spend anywhere from $200-$350

The rest of my specs are as follows;

AMD 8350 processor

EVGA Geforce 780 ACX Superclocked (my love)

8GB RAM

and the rest is probably irrelevant (an SSD, an HDD, and blah blah blah... ) I have heard that Benq monitors work well with Nvidia and Samsung work well with AMD GPUs. Not sure if this is just hearsay or its true. Anyway, advice and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
United States

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
Definitely gaming. Lots and lots of gaming.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
23 or 24inch is fine. 1440p or whatever is above 1920x1080.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
Anything above 60hz.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
$200-$350

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
No idea

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
N/A

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
No

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX cooled. I'm using the latest nvidia driver for the 700 series GPU's.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
Not sure.

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
Primary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
No.