[SOLVED] Looking for a good headset with noise cancelling

May 12, 2020
So far I've looked up to:
  • Sennheiser Momentum 3
  • Sony WH-1000XM3
  • Bose QuietComfort 35
I need to know which of these have the best noise cancelling feature. Considering the price, I'd say Momentum 3 wins since is the one that costs quite a lot compared to the others. But I can't afford to spend more than €250.
I'd use it for gaming and listening to music, I'm no musician so as long as it sounds good, I'm on it.
You probably know better than me, so... give me your opinions, please.

Solution
  • Sennheiser Momentum 3
  • Sony WH-1000XM3
  • Bose QuietComfort 35
I need to know which of these have the best noise cancelling feature. Considering the price, I'd say Momentum 3 wins since is the one that costs quite a lot compared to the others. But I can't afford to spend more than €250.
I'd use it for gaming and listening to music, I'm no musician so as long as it sounds good, I'm on it.
Do you really want active noise cancelling? That requires batteries or charging? The other option is noise isolating. This would be a hard shell headphone, like a DJ would use. Something like these --...

kanewolf

Titan
  • Sennheiser Momentum 3
  • Sony WH-1000XM3
  • Bose QuietComfort 35
Do you really want active noise cancelling? That requires batteries or charging? The other option is noise isolating. This would be a hard shell headphone, like a DJ would use. Something like these -- https://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd-300-pro

Solution
May 12, 2020
Do you really want active noise cancelling? That requires batteries or charging? The other option is noise isolating. This would be a hard shell headphone, like a DJ would use. Something like these -- https://en-us.sennheiser.com/hd-300-pro
I absolutely want it. I live in a chaotic environment and I'd appreciate some good silence. And I don't want my headphone to be heavy on my head.
I enjoy my QC35s.
For gaming you need a wired microphone though.
I don't play online games.

May 12, 2020
Noise cancelling works well for constant noise like engine noise in an airplane. Noise cancelling is less effective against ranfom noise. It generally won't cancel talking, for example.
It should cancel noises coming from a closed/open window facing one of the most busy roads in the city where I live though, right? It's like an airplane, not high notes but constant noises. Maybe not 100% cancelling but a good reduction is good too.