Looking for a good Liquid cpu cooler

Solution
Yea, then I wouldn't worry about trying to get the best water cooler you can if you already have that phantek. You will get extremely good gaming performance at stock clocks with the 4790k. But I like to overclock all my CPU's a little just because I think its fun. But the 4790k is pretty much the best consumer CPU on the market. You could run two 980's in SLI with the 4790k on stock speeds and not have any problems with bottlenecking. Hell, I think it could even run quad 980's and not have an issue. It is a very very powerful CPU.

fiveohnine

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2012

Are you implying what I have is already better then liquid cooling?

I just realized that you have a very nice aftermarket cooler. You are only going to get about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius cooler temps at the very most by going with the 280L. I would stick with the cooler you have. You shouldn't need to even overclock your CPU for anything, as that CPU is very powerful at stock speeds. Do you mainly use the computer for games?

Yea, then I wouldn't worry about trying to get the best water cooler you can if you already have that phantek. You will get extremely good gaming performance at stock clocks with the 4790k. But I like to overclock all my CPU's a little just because I think its fun. But the 4790k is pretty much the best consumer CPU on the market. You could run two 980's in SLI with the 4790k on stock speeds and not have any problems with bottlenecking. Hell, I think it could even run quad 980's and not have an issue. It is a very very powerful CPU.

Solution

Very similar performance and not worth replacing with a watercooler , yes