Question I'm looking for a good mATX case ?

Prominent
Nov 28, 2021
I just built 2 sys on silverstone H1M and Fara r1 v2 , both are great and very cheap, build quality has satisfied me

If i dont want 3rd pc to look exactly the same , can you suggest me some options

Thx in advance

The last time I case shopped, I unfortunately discovered that most "mATX" cases are at least 17 inches in at least one dimension......that's mid tower ATX size. Not really an advantage if you want a smaller footprint or lower weight.

I see that one of the 2 Silverstones you chose is smaller than the typical mid tower.

I eventually found a suitable Lian Li A04, but I think they are out of production.

You might be able to find something noticeably smaller than a mid tower if you look at so-called "cube" cases. They have their limitations, but may be OK for you if you don't have extravagant cooling or storage requirements and don't work inside the case much after the first assembly.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
I would most likely pick a matx board, and air coolr so matx case is my initial thought

An mATX board can fit in a huge ATX or full tower case as well as a small case.

My point was that the term "mATX case" may not mean much. An 8.4 x 17.5 x 16.9 inch case may be marketed as mATX or ATX or mid-tower or whatever.

If you want a "small" case, you would need a better search term than "mATX" case or else pay a lot of attention to the dimensions provided in the spec sheet.

Thats 4x the price of my silverstone pick, what makes them special?
only ~$10 more then the H1M Fara here.

higher quality build, much better fan/radiator placement options, higher airflow options throughout, easier to build/work in, much higher quality fans included, better front I/O options, fully modular design, better looking, etc...

Silverstone only offers 1 year limited warranty
be quiet! offers 3 year but has been known to offer replacement parts & service for many years beyond.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Import fees, customs fees, shipping container costs vs actual sales volumes. Aussie does a fair bit of business, but cannot compete with the sheer volume of Amazon, newegg, Microcenter etc who get larger bulk discounts and smaller shipping fees. Then add in the markup, Amazon has a smaller markup because of that volume whereas Aussie stores charge more per unit because actual sales volumes are lower.