Question Looking for a good mechanical NON GAMING keyboard

kenmtb

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
Hi-
I am trying to identify a keyboard that is good for typing only.
Simple, non lit, thin profile, chorded, full size with no gimmicks. Budget around $200.

I have a Logitech K840 with cherry brown and a Logitech G815 with the tactile keys.
Both are great but I would like to find something with the key travel and feel of the G815 but in a non lit layout like the K840.
The keys of the K840 are far apart and the travel is long. It just feels awkward.
I have googled but everything is gaming oriented or compact.

Thanks
Ken

Lutfij

Titan
If typing only, you want a linear switch or a tactile(non clicky) switch? You should avoid anything that is clicky if you're going to have anyone living with you in the same crib/household. You could look into a hotswap keyboard like the Keychron C1 or you could look into boards that you can make on your own but the latter will cost you a pretty penny.

Reactions: kenmtb

kenmtb

Honorable
Jun 1, 2017
Hi-
I am looking for a tactile switch like the romer I have in the G815 or a clicky would be fine as I work at home.
The issue with the other K840 (cherry brown) is the key spacing and height makes it it was too easy to activate adjacent keys.

The Keychron looks real nice but it is not full sized. The Das Keyboard 4 Professional looks nice

Last edited: