Question Looking for a good recommendation for vertical mount for GPU. Im having a few issues with my water block and things fitting.

Nov 21, 2022
Hey all I am currently in the process of a new build and looking for some advice. I have a corsair 5000D case with a ASUS X670E-E motherboard and a 3090 in a EK water block with active backplate. The issue im having is that the quick release for the 1st PCIE slot is in the way of the GPU water block. I cannot get it to seat properly due to the large size of the water block. My thinking was to go with a vertical mount so im looking for some suggestions. If anyone has any other solutions that would be great as well. I was not initially going to use a vertical mount however I dont think I have any choice at this point.

Nov 21, 2022
I looked briefly at removing the quick release but im not sure about how to do that but i will investigate a bit further. Yes the water block i am using has an active backplate which is why it is so bulky.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
In looking at various vertical mount solutions there seems to be a common flaw. The thickness of your active backplate would prevent installation of the card since directly behind the card is usually the support that holds the PCIe extension.

Even EK's vertical mount solution says that active backplates are not compatible.

Nov 21, 2022
In looking at various vertical mount solutions there seems to be a common flaw. The thickness of your active backplate would prevent installation of the card since directly behind the card is usually the support that holds the PCIe extension.

Even EK's vertical mount solution says that active backplates are not compatible.
Ok gotcha. Well thank you for your time I appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS