Looking for a good RX580 card, any thoughts on brands?

spiet

Proper
Oct 21, 2018
Hi,

Looking for a new RX580 card for my new system buid since there are so many brands, any thoughts on what to pick best? or go with the cheapest?

MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, XFX ? I would only got to 300 euro max.

thnx

spiet

Proper
Oct 21, 2018

spiet

Proper
Oct 21, 2018
Ok what you guys think of these:

So normally i would go for that MSI Radeaon RX 580 Armor G OC (aroud 230-240 euro)

But what you think of those (all more expensive + 70-80 euro):

- Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB NITRO+

- ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX580 8G OC

- Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GD5 NITRO+ Special Edition (faster mem/gpu? then the nitro+)?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
From my understanding, the ASRock's cooler is not the best, so the fans tend to run faster/louder.

I've read some people on the forums say that the MSI Armor's cooling is not the best.

I have ZERO experience with ASRock (they're new to the GPU scene, but have been doing motherboards for years), and the last MSI card I had was an MSI Radeon AGP 9550. Budget fanless card, that I bought in 2005. So, effectively no real experience with them.

Sapphire does AMD only, and I've heard good things about them. Again, somewhat dated, but I bought a fanless (big heatsink cooling solution) HD 6670 back in 2012 that still works fine.

BUT... I don't know if I'd pass on the MSI if all the others are adding 70-80€ to the price. That's a huge jump.

spiet

Proper
Oct 21, 2018
Well its only 60 but still

the MSI is around 239, the sapphire is around 300 (so 61+) and the asrock is 309 (+70). the SE of the sapphire is 325 (so +86).

spiet

Proper
Oct 21, 2018
King_V yes , its 60 euro more expensive the Sapphire but higher clocked gpu and mem i think. So not sure if that justify's the price tag

however the msi is pretty bare in terms of fans and cooling around the card, while the others have all cooling included around the fans.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, I have no experience with the Armor, so can't say if that's a particularly weak point on it, or just a "it does the job, but could be better" kind of thing.

But, as for the higher clock rate, generally not worth that much extra on the price.