Looking for a good SFF/ITX case for a lower-end gaming build

Sep 11, 2018
Hey guys, (New to posting here)

I was just wondering if you could help me out with selecting a SFF/ITX case for my first build? I'm not *terribly* concerned about difficulty putting things in, because I'll probably have help from one of my more experienced mates to do it.

Here's the hardware I'm looking to use:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock cooler, unless I find a good budget friendly upgrade)
Motherboard: Asus strix B450-I (Or suitable budget option if the case isn't windowed)
Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16Gb (Or suitable less-flashy option if case isn't windowed)
GPU: Asus Strix 1050ti (Already owned) (Note this is a dual axial fan, dual slot card)
PSU: Either a corsair/EVGA ~500W ATX psu, or an SFX one if needed for the case.
Storage: 1-2 M.2 drives, not terribly fussed about 2.5" or 3.5" drives. May use just SSDs anyway, because I don't need much in the way of capacity.
Case: What I am asking about!

In terms of a case, I'm looking for something with good thermals (Possibly not as much of an issue for the specs I'm going to be using?) that looks good, is fairly cheap (Sorry, the Dan case A4 is out of the budget haha) and is small.

Of the ITX cases I've looked at online, the ones which have stood out are the Silverstone RVZ02B, Fractal Design Node 202, Thermaltake Suppressor F1 (Cheapest option where I live - $80 NZD) and the NZXT H200i.

With the RVZ02B, I was slightly concerned about aesthetics (but do like the idea of dust filters) and thermals (no inc. case fans). With the Node 202, I was more concerned about temps (Apparently it is not good for keeping things cool...), with the Suppressor, I think it's quite a bit bigger than what I'd like. I'm also not *overly* fond of cube cases haha... and the NZXT also seems a bit big (And really bloody expensive).

So... Thoughts? Advice? Suggestions for different SFX cases? I'm all ears.

Cheers!

Edit: Forgot to mention, quiet acoustics would be nice, but I guess that goes hand in hand with thermals, right? In that case, would a Cryorig C7 be a good option for a CPU cooler?

Edit2: I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I would probably be using this for lighter gaming, as well as some productivity and potential HTPC stuff. The hardest game I would be running would be JC3 with Nividia optimized graphics.

Edit3: Might go for the MSI B450 board, partly because it's a little cheaper...

What kind of budget are you looking at? Getting filters and good cooling in SFF usually means more expensive. I've heard of the Dan case A4, lol. Using an NCASE M1 for my HTPC build. Fantastic case, but very pricey, my only real gripe. Also have a SilverStone FT-03 Mini. Worked great for me before passing on to a family member for a Ryzen 2200G basic build. Had a GTX 670 and i5 6500 at the time when I used, and temps were not an issue. Anyways, not getting to far off topic, just provide a price range and I can do some digging.

Sep 11, 2018
Yeah my budget I'm aiming for (for the total build) is about $2000 NZD, including a $130 keyboard, $130 mouse and a monitor (Probably around $170ish). That leaves up to a little over $200 NZD for a case, although I will go for a cheaper one if I think it has the right combination of features, size and good looks of course. Currently I'm pondering the idea of building in the NZXT H200i or the Thermaltake Core P1, which are both roughly the same price where I live.

I can do a Thermaltake P3 build with a better ATX board and a custom CPU loop for around $2300-2400 NZD (Using EKWB's configurator and a deal on Newegg for the Ryzen 2600 and Asus B450-F)

Both of the cases seem like solid choices at a glance. Worked on a PC with an NZXT case in the past, seemed pretty solid and good build quality. Haven't used a Thermaltake Case. I'm not that familiar with them myself though. Just did a quick search. Picking cases can be tricky at it's a lot of personal preference. I'd suggest just going with your budget set and getting the features you are looking for.