[SOLVED] Looking For A Good Stereo Speaker Pair

LunarFirestorm

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
My current speakers have done me well for the many years I have had them and although they were pretty cheap (around £20 I think) the sound quality was pretty good for my standards. The problem is that they seem to be damaged, either through me playing loud audio or just over time, so I decided to post here looking for suggestions for a new set.

As the title mentions I'm looking for a set of two speakers, not a proper surround set up. I'm willing to spend anything up to £50 but I'm not looking for something too high-end that will break the bank. Ideally something that doesn't sound like crap when playing loud or bassy sounds as that was a problem with my old speakers when I was playing certain games, movies and music.

Solution

LunarFirestorm

Prominent
Mar 22, 2019
If you only have 2 speakers now, it's no wonder the bass output is poor.
You need a set of 2.1 speakers (they include a large sub-woofer which can reproduce bass frequencies much better than two smaller mid-range speakers can on their own).

These are within your budget and the buyer reviews are very positive:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980-000447-Speaker-System-Black/dp/B003L92O5Q/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3GYIQEO6MCYBE&keywords=2.1+speakers+with+subwoofer&qid=1557570740&s=computers&sprefix=2.1+speakers,computers,131&sr=1-6
Thanks for the reply. I'm more of a general computer hardware person and really don't know much when it comes to audio, so I appreciate the help.

I had a look at the link and the set and reviews seem good. My only question is where should I put the sub-woofer? Is it something that has to be put on the desk like the main speakers, or can I just put it under my desk? (The latter option would be better as I have no more space on my desk, but plenty of space under it)