Question Looking for a good thermal paste and thermal pads for 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2022
I want to change the thermal paste and thermal pads on my 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme. I think to use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and Gelid GP Extreme thermal pads. But I have seen users complain about Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut that it dries out quickly. Don't know is it true or not. What do you think about it? Should I use it or is there a better thermal paste than Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Kryoanut is intended for extreme sub-zero temperatures. It is not intended as a long term installation. That said, doesn't seem to do too badly for a year or two. Not had any issues with my 7700k and I repasted that under the heat spreader about 5 years ago. My GPU also has kryonaut on it, but that installation is still pretty new.

Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut is probably preferred if you don't plan on touching it for a while.

As for thermal pads, I've always used Fujipoly and whatever EK ships with their stuff, also some old Arctic pads (which look an awful lot like the ones from EK). Gelid doesn't seem to like to talk much about their pads specifications, but the one chart they show shows a 6% improvement in temperature over a 5 W/mK pad. Fujipoly rates theirs at 6 W/mK.

But they are right that it does depend on the thickness and application, so actually results outside of a lab will vary.

Reactions: TarasMesh

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Dons flame suit.

I have used Arctic Silver for years. I get the little tube that you can buy in the checkout line of your favorite PC store(s). I have NEVER had any problem that I could attribute to "using the wrong paste".

Poor application? Check

Incorrect installation? Check

Hardware fault? Check

"My paste cracked"? Nope

Reactions: TarasMesh
Status
Not open for further replies.