Looking for a GPU (Optiplex 755 DT)

thesnowleopard782

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
So, I have the Optiplex 755 from dell. 2.93ghz processor, 4g ram, 500g storage. It has intel(r) GMA 3100, this is terrible. I want better, most threads are created by people with Optiplexs that have much smaller cases. I want a powerful card that will fit this larger case without missing out on potential power by getting a card too small or less capable. Any suggestions? For further reference there are four cases created for optiplex I have the case a step down from the largest and I was looking at ASUS Radeon HD 6450, is this too large?

In the Desktop GTX1050Ti Low Profile can run off of the PCIe slot. If you have the Mini Tower You can run the Zotac GTX1050Ti Mini without modification. In the Tower you can add a bigger PSU and get even more GPU. I'm afraid the Tower is the only one that takes "bigger" GPUs. UNLESS you want to try the GPU riser card. It allows full height GPUs in the DT by mounting it sideways. There MIGHT be room for the Zotac Mini with that. https://www.ebay.com/i/122596043429?rt=nc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYTp2TTeSv8
I di a quick mockup with a Zotac Mini and an Opti 760 MB and there are capacitors in the way. So single slot cards only.
The 2.93GHz sounds like a 1066fsb dual core. There are faster 2 cores, and 4 cores that fast for cheap. You need more RAM to run a modern GPU even with 32bit OS. 8GB with the GPUs your looking at.
The GTX1050Ti is a decent 1080P card. And the 1060 will probably outrun your CPU anyway. On an old system like that I would try to keep it simple. measure the length you have available so you don't buy a card that's toolong. Typically under 6.75" will fit.

thesnowleopard782

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
So, I've found a riser card in my computer junk yard, with size not being much of a factor what are the limitations on my pc? I don't know if you'd need to know any information about the motherboard or riser card. I want the best card I can get for under $200 preferably I'd like a card below $100. I can run world of warships on my laptop at 3-5fps, if I can get my desktop to run World of Warships at 10-20fps, I would be eternally pleased.

thesnowleopard782

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017

could I run something like NVIDIA GeForce 620M, IntelHD 4000, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT/9600GT in this with a riser card?

I'm looking at NVIDIA GeForce 620M because according to what I've found it has little to no power requirements but should do fairly well for performance.