Looking for a GPU Upgrade

jaxstarke99

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Want to upgrade fromRadeon R7 360. (Cybertron R7 X4 Win 10 (64 bit). 16 GB RAM. AMD FX 4300 quad core.) Any reasonably priced options out there? Thanks

Solution
u have a few choices:
1. get a new GPU and be bottlenecked by the CPU
2. get a new rig but will cost u a lot
3. upgrade your dead platform + GPU (already at the end of life)
4. switch to intel counterpart and save some money on the RAM at very least

GPU really depends on your whole system, for the system u have now, i'd say it's already pretty balanced (old budget GPU + old budget CPU)...
u have a few choices:
1. get a new GPU and be bottlenecked by the CPU
2. get a new rig but will cost u a lot
3. upgrade your dead platform + GPU (already at the end of life)
4. switch to intel counterpart and save some money on the RAM at very least

GPU really depends on your whole system, for the system u have now, i'd say it's already pretty balanced (old budget GPU + old budget CPU)...

Solution

jaxstarke99

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

Thanks. That's about what I figured.

Cioby

Distinguished
Yes, a new GPU will be bottlenecked by your CPU. But at the same time if you have a good motherboard that can handle a better card, you can easily double your performance in gaming with a 1060 (probably even a higher card works but you won't need that much juice yet, 1070 max recommended). And you can hold that GPU for later upgrade also.

A quick youtube search shows that you can easily get double the fps on games like Witcher 3 WITH YOUR 4300 FX. So honestly the first and fastest upgrade you can do (even bottlenecked) is to upgrade your GPU. Maybe even OC your CPU a little since you'll be changing it in the future also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmmMTjGuWRU